Sunday, 12 January 2014

Knitting Project - The Alice Band Hat

Over the Christmas holidays, I took a break from knitting 'The Gimmick', which I first blogged about a year ago, but only started in November (more updates on that soon!) and decided to have a go at one of these darling little Alice Band Hats. I'm still learning when it comes to knitting, and am teaching myself as I go along (with the help of the internet) but am getting more confident at trying different things. This project seemed like a perfect step for me and was really excited that it would be finished reasonably quickly when I am in the middle of quite a lengthy sweater project. So what do you think? Cute hey?!





14 comments:

  1. This is lovely, these little hats are so gorgeous. I have just finished knitting one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo very cute. I've flirted with knitting but didn't keep it up, concentrating on my sewing. http://threadnoir.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning with your dark hair......

    Emma
    (Dear Thirty)


    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Why have I never tried to knit a hat? It looks AMAZING and I think I have found my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Definitely wouldn't mind having a go at this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely, classic piece! The gathering in the back is an especially charming touch. Wonderful work, honey!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer! That's amazing that you created that with your own fair hands. It looks adorable!
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, wherever did you get the pattern from? I would love to knit one of those -- I'm also trying to learn and want to work from some vintage patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh!
    The hat is wonderful! I suits you quite well. I believe that having a hobby or a craft can be beneficial in many ways - one of them is: once your "project" is done, you have a brand new hat. :)

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have the exact same pattern! You look so pretty in yours, it works so beautifully with your curls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to see if any are available for sale on Etsy. Oh, I wish I could knit. I've tried, and failed, magnificently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute! lovely contrast with the lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, knitted one for myself from a free pattern, but having great difficulty finding right size alice band....... any hints please?

    ReplyDelete