Tuesday, 26 October 2010

The Candlelight Club



On Saturday night I joined London's most dapper gents and darling dames at The Candlelight Club. Think 1920s, and in true prohibition style, the venue remained top secret until the day of the event itself. After meeting at Vintage Secret Towers for non-prohibited cocktails, Fleur, Lisa, Naomi and I hopped in a oh-so glam Hackney mini-cab to a the venue in Angel. We were greeted with a ticket each to collect our free (VERY alcoholic) cocktail and found a table where we snacked on 'posh' sandwiches, consisting of beef and celeriac, beetroot and cream cheese, and chicken and poppy seed, among other flavours.

Music was provided by MC Fruity, and the entertainment by the splendid Vicky Butterfly, who performed the most beautiful burlesque.

There was a wonderfully eclectic mix of people, and some fabulous faces dancing the Charleston, that I have now decided I must learn. A lovely night with a perfectly intimate atmosphere and superb company!

Here are some pretty pictures...












14 comments:

  1. Ooh looks like a great night, I have had fun reading your antics on fb :)
    I love that red dress on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like so much fun!

    (There's definitely something funny going on with the photos - in Google reader, I had the giant photo repeated with all the other ones mixed up in between. On your website, though, there aren't any photos at all. Strange.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same experience as Katie. Sounds like FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took all the pics off and I've just redone it all, soooo frustrating, sorry folks, hope its sorted now!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and I had no photos in google reader and it was fine on the website. Strange. Pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how lovely i love your dress and fluers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the big photo repeated 6 times, 5 times big and one time small. Then all the other photos mixed up in between. I'm guessing I saw the same as Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hang on, it's fine now that I refreshed. I had that first comment sitting since this afternoon without getting a chance to post it till now, and didn't bother to refresh. Now everything looks fine though. :)
    I wonder what was up the first time you uploaded?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like that event was a memorable one.. Please continue with your great posts.. It's my guilty pleasure to escape to different parts of the world through these blogs so Thank You very much!!! Good Night & sweet dreams..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your red velvet dress is stunning. But what I really want to do is try on that sparkly burlesque costume! Lisa's top is a beauty too, love a little bit of beading x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all look stunning, it looks like a fabulous evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a great evening and you're looking fab as ever lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a LOVELY dress! Love the colour :) Looks like a tip-top evening :)

    ReplyDelete